Amazon Product Photography 2020
Product Photography, Product Videography – prices & service
Market demand is taking amazon product photography to a different level. In order to connect with the customers business owners always look for creative ways to showcase their products. If you want your customers to complete a purchase you need to provide an outstanding experience.
As the recent survey shows 95% of online customers prefer highly visual content. Such as product photography and product videography to text. People are able to remember only 10% of information that they hear. However, if the same information comes with a relevant image or video, 65% of information remains in the memory.
If you are looking for ways to optimize your online shop and increase profit here is your guide to professional product photography.
What Is Product Photography?
Let’s determine what product photography means. Professional product photography executes techniques to showcase a product and highlight its best features. This process has one main goal. And it is to have a customer to make a purchase.
Now let’s dig into why images are so crucial when selling online.
How to increase conversion rate with product photography?
We live in the era of visual information. As per Cisco System research, the global internet traffic from photos and videos will make up 82% of all consumer internet traffic by 2021. (source)
MIT says that 90% of the information transmitted to the brain is visual.
Besides, study shows that human brains process visuals, such as images or videos, 60,000 times faster than text.
And as per Springer Link, people who follow directions with illustrations do 323% better than those who use text-only directions.
It means that understanding that people are visual creatures is going to be a key factor in planning a marketing strategy. Study shows that visuals are much easier to understand. Professional product photography provide a complete information and more compelling argument to the customers. Making it the best way to attract and win new customers.
Professional product photography is a key to greater conversions. In what way? Let us explain!
Quality Images & Videos Are Essential to Branding
Visual brand identity allow your customers to resonate with your products. And what’s even more important a desire to possess them. Product photography and videography are essential in producing a cohesive and memorable brand. If you want to strengthen your web presence invest in amazon product photography.
Quality Images Inspire People to Buy
Low quality images on Amazon have a lower chance of generating sales. High quality images and videos on the other hand can double or even triple conversion. The point of amazon photography is to highlight the main features of the product. Professional product photographer knows how to showcase your product in the best way using live models, lifestyle product photography and other techniques.
Amazon Product Photography made easy
When it comes to buying things online we make emotional decisions. As an amazon store owner you need to use your chance to impress! In many cases the decision to buy things depends on appearance. People tend to choose a visually appealing product. Emotions are taking over all areas of buying behavior. And when used wisely you can guide your customer all the way up to a successful purchase.
In 2020 online shoppers have high expectations for images and video content. A product experience management platform Salsify has released a survey in January 2019. According to this survey online shoppers expect to see about six images and three videos on average when looking for a product on Amazon or other e-commerce websites.
7 Reasons to Hire a Professional Product Photographer
Here are just a couple of ways how you can benefit from choosing product photography services.
- Professional product photographer is going to be your lifesaver when it comes to choosing a composition and right angle. It takes experience, skill and of course talent when creating a beautiful image. This is especially important for amazon shops or e-commerce websites. Because the purpose of the photographer is not only to capture a perfect moment. The art of product photography is to inspire a shopper to make a purchase.
- Professional product photographers have a whole range of high-end equipment. This includes cameras, an assortment of lenses, lighting equipment, tripods, drones, access to photo studios and other shooting locations, editing software and much more. This is what makes product photos look so good! It makes much more sense for a business owner to invest in amazon product photography than photo equipment and tools. Because at the end of the day product photography pricing is going to be much less.
- Professional product photographers often use live models in photoshoots. This is called lifestyle product photography. Lifestyle photos help customers visualize product in context therefore increases sales. Lifestyle product photography is a great opportunity to demonstrate all the features of the product. But the set up often requires professional knowledge and experience. For example, you want to stage the perfect surroundings for the product. In a way that highlights positive experience that occurs when using it. It’s important though to not overcrowd the photo and draw attention away from the product itself.
- Lighting plays a crucial role when it comes to amazon product photography. The size, position, distance and intensity of the light sources dictate how the light falls on the subject and where the shadows fall. A set up inside the photo studio and outside is totally different. Inside photoshoot requires professional lighting sources such as flash heads, light stands, soft box, umbrellas etc. For outside product photoshoot the choice of location is the key. You need to find an area with good natural lighting that enhances the product. And it might be a problem depending on location, weather conditions, accessibility to equipment and tools etc.
- 69% of consumers say that a product video best assists them when making a decision about a purchase. It gives shoppers a more in-depth overview of a product therefore creating a feeling of trust and comfort. You might be able to take pictures of your product. But you definitely need a pro to make product videos. Video process involves professional skills, tools and software. That’s just something that is smart to delegate. Besides, photographers often offer photo and video packages. Product photography pricing may go down significantly when ordered together.
- Amazon shoppers agree that consistency makes a big difference. And a professional product photographer is there to help you achieve it. Consistency translates to trust and credibility of your brand. Images of the same style give consumers a feeling of high quality product. Maintaining a level of consistency throughout your amazon shop or e-commerce website is extremely important for overall experience.
- Professional photos adds authority to your online shop. When it comes to choosing between your product and the product of your competitor, professional photos and videos are going to make a big difference. The quality of visual content is constantly growing. Certain expectations to the brand raise the bar for business owners. In many cases, the quality of product photography and how the product is featured are going to be the main factors for high conversion.